hear better – help others
From Nanaimo and Victoria offices Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center (IDHHC) provides hearing aids and hearing health services for everyone. To provide the highest standard of communication and hearing health support we employ registered Audiologists and communication and assistive device specialists. Hearing Health Services staff bring in-depth knowledge and expertise to provide client-centred services to support you throughout your journey.
When purchasing hearing aids and technology at IDHHC, you support others in your community to receive hearing aids and assistive technology through the Sound of Change Initiative.
- Independent clinic offering hearing aids from all available manufactures
- Full audiology services supported by state of the art equipment
- Information on funding available through Veterans Affairs, Persons With Disability, WorkBC through ATS
- Support selecting and purchasing assistive devices including a loaner program
- Understanding and recognizing the signs of hearing loss
- Access to opportunities to develop strategies for managing difficult listening situations and/or speechreading and listening skills
- Information about and supporting individuals who use hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Community outreach, education and workshop on hearing loss, hearing aids and hearing loss prevention
IDHHC provides hearing aid sand devices both purchased as well as free through the Sound of Change Initiative. You can support the Sound of Change by purchasing hearing aids or donating directly to the program.
Call today to
book an assessment
and improve your hearing.
For information or inquiries about purchasing hearing aids or hearing loss please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to help.