Administration Associate/Reception – Nanaimo
Our Administration Associate / Reception plays a pivotal role in being first point of contact to assist clients and the community in accessing services. Focusing on client-centered service delivery this position will assist clients to access the appropriate services to meet their needs. This position engages with public, clients, contractors and staff so the incumbent must work well as a member of a team; ability to communicate effectively; work in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional multi-tasking skills and attention to detail. Oversees the front line operations of the agency, ensuring an efficient, organized environment for both clientele and staff. Acts as receptionist, administrative assistant, and provides a variety of secretarial and clerical duties. This position requires the ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Open/close the office, answers incoming communications including phone calls, mail, e-mail, text and fax in a prompt, courteous, linguistically appropriate manner.
- Welcomes all in person visitors and clients.
- Understand IDHHC programs and routes requests appropriately and responds to basic information requests about IDHHC services.
- Provide clerical assistance to all departments, with specific supports to the audiology clinic and the Executive Director.
- Send, receive and prepare correspondence; proofreading and filing; mail merge and email merge letters, documents and newsletters.
- Keep electronic files and databases up to date.
- Book client appointments, send reminders and provide follow up as required.
- Order office supplies and ensure a clean and organized office.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of events, activities, classes and workshops.
- Reconciliation of front desk payments, invoices, donation, memberships, sales and bank deposits.
- Two plus years’ experience in front office reception and administration and/or operations experience.
- Completion of college/ vocational or technical training or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in databases, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365 and internet research.
- Experience with Quickbooks and other financial software.
- Knowledge and experience with multiline switchboards, computers, printers & faxes.
- Experience using video conferencing & virtual platforms like zoom, MS Teams & facetime.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and follow jobs through to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated drive to accomplish program/agency goals.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proofreading and accuracy in spelling and grammar.
- Works well in a collaborative environment with ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Capacity to learn new processes and retain information.
- Applying the vision and mission of the organization to daily work in a professional and respectful approach.
- Respecting strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture, hearing loss and its implications, conversational American Sign Language, written, and spoken English.
- LGBTQ2+ and IBPOC individuals are encouraged to apply
- A criminal record check for working with vulnerable populations is a condition of employment
This is a .8 FTE position in our Nanaimo office.
Applications are currently being accepted until December 2nd 2021.
The competition may remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Only those short listed will be contacted.
Please submit resume with cover letter to:
Executive Director, Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre
130 – 1555 McKenzie Ave., Victoria, BC V8N 1A4
or fax: (250) 592-8199
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org