Do you care about hearing health? Would you like to help empower people with hearing loss and promote accessibility in the community for those with hearing loss? Apply for a job with us today. We’ll be posting positions here as they come up, so keep checking this page for new information.
Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (IDHHC), is celebrating 25 years serving the geographic region of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (IDHHC), celebrating 27 years serving the geographic region of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, is expanding our Hearing Health Services and is hiring an Audiologist to join our team. IDHHC is the only non-profit specialized social service agency on Vancouver Island serving the needs of Deaf and hard of hearing communities.
Ranked as one of the top North American islands by Conde Naste Traveler Magazine for almost a decade, Vancouver Island hosts some of the world’s most breathtaking destinations. Located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Victoria is considered a community of choice within Canada for its temperate climate and natural beauty.
To meet community need IDHHC delivers unique initiatives and looks to expand existing services. With a team of professionals who are devoted to what we do, we want to find a passionate hearing provider who cares about their patients and is enthusiastic about working for a growing non-profit organization with a very real opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for an individual that can provide leadership to a growing team and who possesses:
• a commitment to practicing outstanding client centered care
• skills in providing one-on-one client support / teaching / group facilitation
• a desire to actively partner in community outreach and education
• creativity and is eager to explore opportunities and partnership
• drive to deliver on a progressive and innovative 5 year business plan
• excellent written and verbal communication and reporting skills
For this position will we require someone with skills and abilities to deliver such services as:
• conduct diagnostic assessments, evaluating and assisting individuals with hearing loss
• counseling skills that facilitate acceptance of hearing loss and related solutions
• dispensing experience with hearing instrument product knowledge and servicing hearing aids
• aural rehab, speechreading and follow up care
This full-time position is available immediately and remuneration will depend on experience.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Only those short listed will be contacted.
Please submit resume with cover letter and references to:
Executive Director, Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre
130 – 1555 McKenzie Ave., Victoria, BC V8N 1A4
or fax: (250) 592-8199 or e-mail: email@example.com