Your support helps make what we do possible. On behalf of staff, members and the community, thank you.
Thank You to Our Past Supporters
In previous years, our supporters have included:
• Vancouver Foundation
• United Way of Greater Victoria
• Greater Victoria Savings Credit Union Legacy Fund
• Lions of BC Hearing Conservation Society
• Evening Optimist Club
• Community Gaming Grants/Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
• Victoria Foundation (Community Grants)
• Tom Harris
• Hamber Foundation
• Sarah Spencer Foundation
Good news for Deaf or hard of hearing people who are receiving Persons with Disabilities (PWD) or Persons with Persistent Multiple Barriers to Employment (PPMB) benefits or receive Income Assistance and live in a special care facility!
This spring the BC Government (the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation – MSDSI) introduced a new $100 monthly ‘Alternative Hearing Assistance’ supplement. This is available to eligible people with permanent profound hearing loss in both ears.
This supplement was implemented following a human rights complaint supported by lawyers at the BC Public Interest and Advocacy Centre (BC PIAC).
If you receive PWD or PPMB benefits, have a permanent profound hearing loss in both ears, and cannot benefit from a hearing instrument (such as a hearing aid) to understand speech, you can apply!
More information and how IDHHC can help:
– Island Health Clinic at 1665 Grant St in Nanaimo: 250-755-6269 or email@example.com
– Island Health Clinic at #104 – 501 4th St. in Courtenay: 250-331-8526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Victoria Health Unit Hearing Clinic at 1947 Cook Street in Victoria: 250-388-2250 or Hearing_Clinic@viha.ca
– West Shore Health Unit Hearing Clinic at 345 Wale Road in Victoria: 250-519-3490 or Hearing_Clinic@viha.ca
Please note: if Income Assistance has purchased a hearing aid for you in past 36 months, you may not be eligible for this supplement, but if you have a permanent profound hearing loss in both ears, you can still apply. The final decision about who receives this supplement is made by MSDSI.