COVID-19 Screening Update
Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (IDHHC) is announcing updated COVID protocols effective Wednesday, February 3, 2021. Watch video or read transcript for more information.
Island Deaf and Hard of Hearing Centre (IDHHC) is announcing updated COVID protocols effective Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
Our COVID screening is designed to keep all clients, members, interpreters, volunteers, and staff safe. These updates align with Vancouver Island Health Authority’s (VIHA) current COVID-19 screening protocols. Any in-person appointments at one of our offices (Victoria or Nanaimo) or meetings in the community with an in-person interpreter will require that all participants must fill out or answer our COVID-19 screening questions. Once completed, form needs to be submitted 3 business days prior to your appointment.
The screening will now ask you the following questions:
1. Do you have any of the following new or worsening symptoms?
- Feeling unwell.
- Have a fever.
- Have a new persistent cough.
- Recently started shortness of breath or trouble breathing.
- Have sore throat or difficulty swallowing.
- Have experienced a reduced or loss of smell or taste.
- Have nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled off Vancouver Island in the past 14 days?
- Have you have been in contact with anyone who has travelled off of or travelled to Vancouver Island in the past 14 days?
3. Have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness; or a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- If you answered “No” to all of these questions, the meeting may go ahead.
- If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions, we will need to change your appointment to a virtual one or reschedule it for after 14 days.
For your continued cooperation in honestly adhering to these protocols and keeping everyone safe, we thank you.